Louvre Abu Dhabi welcomes over 5 million visitors since grand opening

Louvre Abu Dhabi, the renowned cultural institution, has celebrated a significant achievement, surpassing five million visitors since its inauguration on March 19, 2024. This milestone further cements its status as a global landmark of cultural distinction.

Various factors have contributed to this remarkable feat, including notable exhibitions enriching the museum’s permanent collection, increased footfall at the Children’s Museum, and unprecedented engagement with educational programs offered by Louvre Abu Dhabi.

Additionally, outdoor activities and activations held on the museum premises played a pivotal role, contributing 10 percent to the total visitor count.

International visitors constituted a majority, representing 72 percent of footfall, with significant numbers hailing from key growth markets such as Russia, India, France, the USA, China, Germany, Italy, Kazakhstan, and the UK. Residents of the UAE accounted for the remaining 28 percent of visitors. The museum also had the honor of hosting visits by more than 500 officials and dignitaries, including Heads of State, ministers, ambassadors, internationally recognized artists, and celebrities.

Saood Abdulaziz Al Hosani, Undersecretary of the Department of Culture and Tourism — Abu Dhabi, expressed pride in the museum’s impact over its six years of operation, highlighting its role in providing exceptional cultural experiences.

Manuel Rabaté, Director of Louvre Abu Dhabi, reflected on the museum’s significance in showcasing Abu Dhabi’s rich cultural landscape through collaboration and intercultural dialogue. He emphasized the institution’s commitment to excellence in the global cultural sphere, as evidenced by the increasing visitor numbers and unique storytelling approach.

Hot Topics

Related Articles